Jerry M. Lewis, M.D., Mental Health Research Foundation
Process to Submit a Grant
Step 1: Review our Areas of Grant Support to ensure your project or program is a good fit with our Foundation.
Step 2: Review the How to Apply section for details we need included in your grant submission to avoid rejection of your grant.
Step 3: Once you have incorporated all of the necessary information and are ready to submit you can attach your grant file to an email and send it to our Administrator, Velma Byford, at JMLewisfoundation@att.net by 4:00p.m. on the deadline date.
Your grant application is acceptable in Adobe pdf or Microsoft Word format. Or you can mail four (4) copies of your grant to the Foundation at 6301 Gaston Ave., Suite 620, Dallas, Texas 75214.
Options to consider if your application is not funded by the Foundation:
- Review your proposal to be sure you have answered all questions, met criteria and followed proper format.
- Refer to History and Overview section on website for leading causes of application rejection.
- Check to see if you have submitted complete and updated forms, e.g. IRB, Informed Consent.
- If you have not already done so, circulate and request feedback on your proposal from others within your agency/organization or other individuals familiar with grant writing.
- Consider seeking professional consultation (see website under Program Evaluations).
- Resubmit a modified or new proposal during subsequent evaluation cycle.
- Consider alternate sources of funding for your proposal.